b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] elohim to aggelous how many times

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Philip Engmann" <phil-eng AT ighmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] elohim to aggelous how many times
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:50:28 +0100

1. )LOHIM in the LXX Vorlage[1] is translated aggelous[2] in at least 3
OT verses: LXX Psalm 8:6[5], Psalm 138:1 and Psalm 97:7.

2. May I kindly ask if there are any other such OT examples?[3]

3. I am trying to find all such examples in order to make the case that
)LOHIM in the LXX Vorlage is only translated aggelous in the LXX when
the context debars the usual translation of )LOHIM as theos; as in the
3 examples quoted above.

Thanks,

Philip Engmann, OT Student.

_____

[1] I am assuming that the Proto-MT serves as an adequate replacement to
the extant LXX Vorlage.
[2] Or an inflection of aggelous
[3] The biblical search tools that I have, such as Gesenius and Strong's
are rather limited.