b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Justice" in hebraic thinking

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Awohili AT aol.com
  • To: hholmyard AT ont.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Justice" in hebraic thinking
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:28:46 EDT

Holladay's Lexicon (based on Koehler and Baumgartner) gives (1) decision by
arbitration, legal decision; (2) legal case; (3) legal claim; (4) conformity;
(5) justice. Koehler and Baumgartner's HALOT (volume 1) gives this chain:
ruling> legal decision, judgment> case> law, right, claim> what is due to
someone
in a case.

Solomon Landers