b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] "Justice" in hebraic thinking

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>, "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] "Justice" in hebraic thinking
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 18:43:02 +0200

Thankyou Dora, I can promise you one thing i am not a liberal christian. It
is my experience (since i speak another language as well) that in order to
as fully as possible appreciate another language and understand it one is at
an advantage if sometimes you can tear away from the mental translation
process and simply feel it - this might be an unorthodox approach to
biblical hebrew generally speaking - but I was trying to do that with this
particular word. It offers much insight into trying to understand a
'concept' I believe. Regards Chris from Ireland.