b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: To Ugaritic or Not to Ugaritic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Reinhard G. Lehmann" <lehmann AT uni-mainz.de>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: To Ugaritic or Not to Ugaritic
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:27:42 +0200

Dear Jonatha,

> If anyone has any other advice I'm all ears.

If you read German, you should take the Ugaritic Textbook by Josef Tropper,
Ugaritisch.
Kurzgefasste Grammatik mit Übungstexten und Glossar. 2002. xii + 168 S.
(ISBN 3-934628-12-5) EUR 28,- (http://www.ugarit-verlag.de/ELO.htm).
It is abreast the most recent scholarship and has the same structure like the
1000-pages-Ugaritic grammar by the same author, which makes cross-reading
easy. I see that it is necessary to make an additional englisch translation...

As for Syriac, we plan a volume in the same series, too, in English, be Helen
Younansardaroud. We hope it will be ready within the next two years.

Apologies for spamming...

Reinhard

AkOR Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann
Forschungsstelle für Althebräische Sprache und Epigraphik
Fachbereich 02 Evangelische Theologie
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
D - 55099 Mainz
tel: (+49) 6131 - 39 23284
mailto: lehmann AT mail.uni-mainz.de
web-HP: http://www.uni-mainz.de/~lehmann/
look at: http://www.uni-mainz.de/~lehmann/link.html
look at: http://www.uni-mainz.de/~lehmann/KUSATU-dframe.html

  • [b-hebrew] Re: To Ugaritic or Not to Ugaritic, Reinhard G. Lehmann, 05/06/2004