b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Sam 5:6 ; Mice & Rats & Plague

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Pastor Mark Eddy" <markeddy AT adams.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Sam 5:6 ; Mice & Rats & Plague
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:04:39 -0500

I haven't found any separate word for "rat" in Greek, but Josephus uses MUS
when he retells the story from
1 Sam. 6 (Antiquities 6:3,10,15). He also refers to "mice" in Antiquities
10:19, where it is said that
they gnawed to pieces in one night both the bows and the rest of the armor of
the Assyrians. Either there
were lots of mice, or the mice were (as big as) rats?
Mark Eddy