b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Torah scrolls and the BHS text.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christopher V. Kimball" <kimball AT ntplx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Torah scrolls and the BHS text.
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:30:31 -0500

Does the consonantal text of the BHS EXACTLY match the consonantal text in modern Torah scrolls for liturgical use? I'm aware that scrolls have additional markings and formatting and I'm assuming the scrolls contain ketib-only. If differences exist, what are they?

Chris Kimball

  • [b-hebrew] Torah scrolls and the BHS text., Christopher V. Kimball, 03/14/2004