b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL) -- CORRECTION

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: kwrandolph AT email.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL) -- CORRECTION
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:24:53 EST

In a message dated 3/14/2004 10:21:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Polycarp66 AT aol.com writes:
I'm afraid you lost me here. If the tradition which the Masoretes recorded
predated them and that's all we have that goes back even that far, how can
you
know that the traditions don't reflect the original pronunciation? We can
obviously know nothing regarding the original pronunciation unless it is for
such
items as were virtually transliterated into the Greek of the LXX. Are you
privy to some special revelation concerning this?
______

I should have said "We can obviously know nothing regarding A MORE ORIGINAL
pronunciation."

gfsomsel