b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] stuma in Deut 5,21

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Raymond de Hoop <rdehoop AT keyaccess.nl>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] stuma in Deut 5,21
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:07:55 +0100

Shalom,
In addition to my previous posting in which I mentioned that the final commandment in Exod. 20:17 has halfway an extra setuma in Codex Leningradensis (in contrast to BHS, which does not list it), it should be mentioned that this setuma is also listed by Maimonides. Since his listings generally are thought to be based on the Allepo Codex, this is an important testimony regarding the consistency of this Masoretic subdivision.

Cf. Ch. Perrot, “Petuchot et Setumot: Etude sur les Alineas du Pentateuque”, RB 76 (1969) 50-91;

See also now the listing by J.Oesch (Inssbruck) at the following web-pages:
http://home.planet.nl/~mckorpel/Assets/pericope_texts/ Parashot_Lists_Oesch/ParListeMaim_1.pdf
http://home.planet.nl/~mckorpel/Assets/pericope_texts/ Parashot_Lists_Oesch/ParListeMaim_2.pdf

Kol Tuv,
Raymond

——————————————————————————
Dr Raymond de Hoop
Lecturer of Classical Hebrew
Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies
University of Groningen
Oude Boteringestraat 38
9712 GK Groningen
+31 503 635 574