b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Lexicography .

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Lexicography .
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:21:02 -0500

Yigal:

Your daughter must be exceptional, but being your daughter, that should be
expected, right?

I have not studied medieval French and German, yet both of those two
languages have changed so little over a thousand years (I don’t know about
the last few decades since I left college) that medieval versions of those
languages was easier for me to understand than King James English.

Yet I asked several Israelis if they read Tanakh, and except for the
religiously inclined, most indicated that they did not, and the primary
reason given is that they found it difficult to understand. They blamed the
language differences.

Karl W. Randolph.