b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm - Verb Object Again

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jason Hare" <jason AT hareplay.com>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm - Verb Object Again
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 00:16:44 -0600

Peter,

What if there was something to the fact that since the W and Y in the DSS
often look the same, then the actual reading of the DSS may not at all
disagree with the MT or suggest an alternative reading? In the DSS, the Y is
often written in exactly the same fashion as the W. Is that not the case in
the scroll(s) containing this passage?

Thanks,
Jason

From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT qaya.org>