b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:01:34 -0800

On 03/12/2003 13:27, Yigal Levin wrote:

Yes, the root K(R "ugly" does appear in later Hebrew, though not in the
Bible as far as I know. But it's spelled with an 'ayin, not aleph.

But even so, what does "my hands and feet are ugly" mean in this context?
How does it solve the problem?

Yigal

Well, it could be more meaningful than "they dug my hands and my feet" or "like the lion my hands and my feet". But the ayin to alef change is problematic. The root K(R is not in the Bible, according to BDB.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)