b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: deborahmillier AT yahoo.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:01:31 EST

In a message dated 12/2/2003 11:10:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
deborahmillier AT yahoo.com writes:
Sorry for the confusion, all. I simply cut and pasted
from Hebrew Union College’s online “Comprehensive
Aramaic Lexicon” (Psa. 22:17):

http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/cgi-bin/showtargum.cgi

It is an ongoing project. I guess they haven’t gotten
their transliterations standardized yet.

> I appreciate the references, but
> I don't have access to the Peshitta
> (except that the NT is online at
> peshitta.org).

Now you do via HUC’s site.

You might have better luck with

http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/searching/targumsearch.html

This will give you the form to submit your request. If you remember to check
the "Also display Peshitta . . ." you will get both the Aramaic and the
Syriac.

gfsomsel