b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] elohim versus aggelous, Psalm 8:6[5] MT verses LXX

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Philip" <phil-eng AT ighmail.com>
  • To: "BIblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] elohim versus aggelous, Psalm 8:6[5] MT verses LXX
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:04:48 -0000

"This is not a "strong text critical argument." "Read any book on textual
criticism" and then go do some textual criticism and you will discover that
single word variants are ubiquitous".

1. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUCH EXAMPLES OF UBIQUITOUS LXX/MT SINGLE WORD VARIANTS?

"The reason that m )lhyM par aggelous in Psalms 8:6 is probably NOT a
textual variant is theological. What you are calling a "strong text critical
argument" is based on the probability, i.e., that in a string of clean
looking text we will not find an isolated variant. This sort of argument can
be proven wrong by thousands of examples".

2. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUCH EXAMPLES?

THANKS,

PHILIP