b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: Encletic mem

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Deborah Millier <deborahmillier AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: Encletic mem
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:08:34 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

I have been studying biblical Hebrew since 1988.
Along the way I have heard about and read about
"encletic mems." Still, for the life of me, I can't
figure out what is being referred to by this term (I
guess I could probably point one out on a *multiple
choice* test) or what its function is/was. Could some
of you patient teacher-types walk me through this my
valley of ignorance?

B'SHALOM,
-- Michael Millier