b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Job 12:16

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Job 12:16
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:47:15 -0400

At 12:22 PM 7/31/03 -0700, you wrote:
>On 31/07/2003 10:44, Jim West wrote:
>
>No, I don't recall it. There is nothing in my Bible about God making red
>marks on my skin. This isn't even in KJV. What is it, Wyclif? What do
>you mean? Please use English or Hebrew, not some obsolete form of
>English which I don't understand.

what are these red marks? do you by chance mean something like welts? and
i cant help what you dont understand.

but, re the notion that God brings trouble into the world- take a look at
the following brief examples:

Is 24:1,
Is 45:7 (where God says- I create evil) (hmmmmmm.....)
Jer 13:16
Jer 18:11
etc....

Im sure, Peter, if you try you may even be able to find some of these sorts
of texts on your own- unless your welts hinder you.

Jim West
Quartz Hill School of Theology
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies

Biblical Studies Resources