b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Hebrew with Aramaic, Phoenician etc in scholarlypublications

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Hebrew with Aramaic, Phoenician etc in scholarlypublications
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:16:19 -0500

Actually, I have something similar on my Macintosh at home. I downloaded the
Online Bible consonant only text and made a quick reconstruction of a paleo
Hebrew font to fit it. It looks sort of like what such a manuscript may have
looked like: the sin and shin look the same and the sofit glyphs are the same
as the non-sofit glyphs, but the underlying code is still modern.

As far as I know, the Online Bible is the only version that has the option of
a consonant only text, at least for the Macintosh. The main thing keeping me
from taking that text and re-encoding it in paleo-Hebrew is that there is no
such encoding in unicode yet.

Karl W. Randolph.