b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Babylonian pointing

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Casanellas <pere.casanellas AT btlink.net>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Peter Kirk <peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com>
  • Cc: Phil Payne <sales AT linguistsoftware.com>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Babylonian pointing
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:45:42 +0200

Dear Peter,

Linguist's Software has an excellent font with Babylonian supralinear pointing (Hebraica II Supra). I think Phil Payne, from Linguist's Software, is well diposed to redesign this font as UNICODE, if a proposal for these characters is approved. Maybe he could give some help to make a proposal (they have an Hebrew Unicode font with Tiberian vocalization).

I am writing my thesis on the Targum. I am using mainly Yemenite manuscripts with supralinear vocalization and could help if necessary. I could contact other scholars of the International Organization of Targum Studies, by means of the Targum List, if necessary. I could give some help starting on September.

This standard would be useful for many scholars.

Yours sincerely,

--
Pere Casanellas
E-mail: pere.casanellas AT btlink.net