b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew with Aramaic, Phoenician etc in scholarly publications

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew with Aramaic, Phoenician etc in scholarly publications
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:53:03 -0700

On 16/07/2003 12:37, Karl Randolph wrote:

As one who does not know cuneiform nor Akkadian, I most certainly would like
to see the original form as well as the transliteration now that it is within
unicode’s capability. ...

Well, actually Akkadian cuneiform isn't yet in Unicode. See http://www.jhu.edu/ice/. But I get the impression that not much has happened in the nearly three years since the first conference. You could find out more from the Unicode list, see http://www.unicode.org/unicode/consortium/distlist.html.

Ugaritic cuneiform is now in Unicode, see the chart at http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U10380.pdf.

Agreed that it would be good to see the original form AS WELL as the transliteration. Just not the original form without transliteration.

--
Peter Kirk
peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com