b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Psalm 73:4 “Ul”

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Psalm 73:4 “Ul”
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:32:32 -0500

A few days ago, I asked if there were any variant reading support for the LXX
assumption that )BXT (abachat), which I think from its context has a meaning
of “fright”, is a misspelling for “slaughter”, hence they translated it as
sfagia. Apparently there are no variant readings, hence my understanding
could very well be correct.

Now another word, )WL (ul) found in Psalm 73:4, possibly also in 2 Kings
24:15, does it have references to power, strength or might, whereas the
dictionary meaning I have seen indicates simply “body”? What do you all think.

Thank you, Karl W. Randolph.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup