b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Prov 14:32

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul Zellmer" <pzellmer AT sc.rr.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Prov 14:32
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:42:18 -0400

Bryan,

I'm not sure if these verse are actually germane to Prov 14:32, because they
are treating death as something either to be avoided or rescued from. Each
of them uses the preposition Mi(N). But Prov 14:32 talks either about
death itself or the time of death as something beneficial or desirable.
Hence the use of the preposition B.

Just my thots, good professor!

Paul Zellmer