b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] XP-ending time and energy on a turkey, perhaps

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: BruceKGardner AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] XP-ending time and energy on a turkey, perhaps
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 10:43:20 EDT

Fellow Listers,

I probably shouldn't say this but I bought Windows XP - I found it was
complicated, could NOT do a lot of what WIN 98 does, and worst of all
required hours of downloads to make it compatible with standard programs. For
example, I used to copy stuff online with right click/copy, open WORD and
paste it. Now, if I don't have WORD actually open first, the copy doesn't
work. Some pics don't copy either without emailing them. It's so frustrating.

I just wish I was back on Win 98. I feel lost. To me, XP is a 'turkey', but
maybe I bought the wrong machine.

Sorry to bring such gloom but since it went round the list, for some reason,
I thought I should add my experience.

Bruce,
Aberdeen UK

  • [b-hebrew] XP-ending time and energy on a turkey, perhaps, BruceKGardner, 05/04/2003