b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mikveh and Baptism

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kurt Noll" <KLNoll AT kwc.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mikveh and Baptism
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:32:59 -0600

Yigal Levin wrote (in part):
I would assume, that John Hammatbil, being an eccentric with perhaps
ties
to the Essines or Qumran, preferred the Jordan. In any case, you could
say
that the Jewish mikveh and Christian baptism both have their roots in
the
Second Temple understanding of Leviticus.

***
Question (and I apologize if it is too far off-topic)-
Since we are on the topic of the mikveh and baptism, I'd love to hear
some response to a passage written by Donald Harman Akenson, in his "bad
boy" book titled _Saint Saul: A Skeleton Key to the Historical Jesus_