b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Questions about Job

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lew Osborne" <osbo AT hn.ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Questions about Job
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:53:47 +1000

Jim

The word sawtawn simply means adversary. In Job it is a special adversary.
The term sons of God by the very meaning of the word Elohim can simply mean
the followers of Yahweh. This is how the term is used else where. The
concept of this being a heavenly occurence falls in a consideration of the
term sons of God and its usage else where.

Lew Osborne