b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] [b-hebrew nefarious nefesh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Charles David Isbell" <cisbell AT cox.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] [b-hebrew nefarious nefesh
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 07:42:17 -0600

Colleagues,
I have learned much from our discussion.
[1] It is possible to disguise height.
[2] An old man wearing a coat is a spirit not a human being.
[3] God uses a ridiculous woman practicing a banned profession to deliver to
us a revelatory act upon which we can base our hopes for the afterlife.
[4] It doesn't make any difference whether the modifiers of elohim are
singular or plural.
[5] To retain a preconceived notion about nephesh, the best way is to turn
to a passage which never uses the word.
Many thanks to all who have enlightened us.
Charles