b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] [b-hebrew nefarious nefesh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] [b-hebrew nefarious nefesh
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:17:17 -0500

> >[3] What this has to do with nephesh I have no idea.
>
> it demonstrates that the notion presented by liz that the
> hebrew bible knows
> of no spiritual life after death is false.
Dear Jim,
I do not understand what a spirit is if you can
agree that a spirit wears a cloak.
How are you defining spirit?
And do you agree that it can look old (i.e., have white
hair and beard? Do you agree that it chirps? Do you
agree that it eats its own dung and drinks its own
urine? IF you do not agree, why? And if you do agree,
why does this being not have a body?
That Samuel lived on after death is certain, but that
he lived on in a physical body that wore clothes, that
ate, drank, and talked/chirped is also clear (to me anyway).
So I don't know what you mean by "spirit." To me a spirit
is something that has no body.
Liz