b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: Website etc.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <klowery AT wts.edu>
  • To: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: Website etc.
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:55:42 -0500

Jonathan,

The entry point for b-hebrew on the web is:

At this page you can:
o view b-hebrew archives
o subscribe to b-hebrew
o edit your account options
(in this case, you must give your subscribed email address,
and then you will be asked for your password)

The list software is call MailMan, version 2.1. The homepage is <http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/>. Follow the links on "Documentation." There is a PDF file for users at <http://staf.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-userguide-0.1.pdf>.

The main difference for the user is that, unlike our old software, there is no web interface. You *must* use your email program to post messages.

Finally, from the info page there is a link to the b-hebrew archives. You will see that it contains only today's messages. Sometime in the next two weeks, b-hebrew archives from 1998 will be migrated to the new server.

This should get you started.

Because of the general interest of these questions for the list membership in general, I'm also posting this to b-hebrew.

Blessings,

Kirk
b-hebrew co-chair

Jonathan D. Safren wrote:

Dear Kirk,
What are B-Hebrew's new website, majordomo, menu commands, etc.?
Sincerely,
Jonathan D. Safren
Editor
Mo'ed - Researches in Judaic Studies