b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] test

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Billy Evans <biblewje AT comcast.net>
  • To: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] test
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:15:14 -0600

forgive this note to list: is this post getting through by my using the new
address?

--
William "Billy" J Evans Jr-Nashville
Doctorate Rabbinics, Dead Sea Scrolls, Targums at Hebrew Union College

Let me say some thing regarding Sokoraff and Kaufman. I studied with them
and they exist on another planet from most others involved in Semitic
studies. Kaufman stood along and proved the existence of another Hebrew
dialect during the biblical period. lWhen Ed Cook found the same thing
during his doctorical studies , Special K brought his to Cincinnati to work
on the CAL project. Ed and Marty and I think Wise brought wout a fantastic
edition of the DSS. Anyway, Kaufman reads Semitic languages faster than I
read English. He posts on the CAL (actually he posts nothing lthat I am
aware of--his staff does that) using transliterations due to computer
programs that may not list the Semitic characters correctly. Jerry Lund is
the Syria guy and informed me that the Mac is still preferred for the
deepest level of language works so maybe that has something to do with it.

Well let's see if this make it into the space of the WWW

  • [b-hebrew] test, Billy Evans, 01/20/2003