b-hebrew - Re: the jehoash stone

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: the jehoash stone
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:20:30 +0100

> It is surprising that Mr. Penner can bring himself to even acknowledge the
> very existence of Hebrew as a language. Can he imagine that it was Aramaic
> that imitated much more ancient Hebrew script then the other way around.

I recommend that Mr Gendler take his problems up with the whole academic
community rather than picking solely on Ken Penner, who is simply stating
the
majority position, held due to the available archaeological and epigraphic
evidence. Perhaps, Mr Gendler may provide evidence for his non-standard
position other than his personal beliefs or accepted credences.

This is after all a list which attempts to work on an evidential basis.

Ian