b-hebrew - Repetition in Numbers 7:12-83

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Chosefu Chemorion" <chosefu_chemorion AT wycliffe.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Repetition in Numbers 7:12-83
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:51:11 -0500

Dear all. I have two requests.First,Kindly help me to understand the
role of repetition in Hebrew narratives.May I also know the authors
that I could refer to, if I needed to know more about this topic.
Secondly, Is it necessary to keep all the repeated paragraphs in my
vernacular translation, for example in Numbers 7:12-83? Would
summarizing the contents into a table interfere with accuracy?
Thanks,
Chemorion
Bible Translation and Literacy, East Africa.