b-hebrew - RE: Zechariah 6:13 - and he shall be a priest upon his throne

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Trevor Peterson <06PETERSON AT cua.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Zechariah 6:13 - and he shall be a priest upon his throne
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:17:20 -0500

>===== Original Message From Schmuel <schmuel AT escape.com> =====
>The lack of a preposition seems to match the KJB a little
>closer than the Jewish versions, are they more literal?

What do you mean by the lack of a preposition? In translation or in the text?
I'm not sure I can identify what you have in mind.

>. but also grammatically more awkward, in the sense of harmonizing with
>"and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. ?

Perhaps the sense if it were read as one person would be accord between the
priestly and royal offices (which would obviously result from one person
holding both)? But I agree that this part seems more straightforward if two
persons are in view.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics