b-hebrew - Re: Balaam's Kittim Oracle

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: jwest AT highland.net
  • To: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Balaam's Kittim Oracle
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:21:49 +0000 (GMT)

> As you refuse to use a methodology which
> is transparent (and literary sources are not
> transparent), I can't see that you can come
> to any useful conclusions.

what exactly is a transparent methodology? i know what a transparent
material
object is but how can a method of research be transparent? if its
transparent
isnt it in essence invisible? and if invisible isnt it without substantive
value? and if it is without value, why use it as a method?

thanks for the clarification (im old and stupid and i need stuff spelled
out).

jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies