b-hebrew - RE: Goals for an OT Intro course:

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Goals for an OT Intro course:
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:09:16 -0600

> >===== Original Message From "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu> =====
> >Dear All,
> >I appreciate all these suggestions.
> >How do I go about examining all these books?
>
> You take a year off of teaching and a library card, and spend all of your
> time
> comparing the most relevant and up-to-date resources. And when you're done,
> you compile an annotated bibliography for distribution to this list, so no
> one
> else has to go through all that work :-)

Sounds good to me :-)

Actually, in addition to what Trevor suggested, a lot of publishers will
offer examination copies of their books to profs who are considering
possible textbooks. In most cases you can request one either by
snail mail or by the publisher's web site. All you have to do is
request an examination copy and give them the course number that
you're considering using the book for. At this late date there's
probably not time to do that for this semester (or whatever term your
school uses), but it might be something to look into for future course
offerings. And if you're anything like the rest of us, you'll never pass
up a free book ;-)

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Don't let your mind wander.