b-hebrew - RE: Intro textbook to OT?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Trevor Peterson <06PETERSON AT cua.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Intro textbook to OT?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:21:03 -0400

>===== Original Message From "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu> =====
>Dear All,
>I'm going to be teaching a course on the
>Introduction to the Old Testament, sophomore
>level.
>Do you have any suggestions for readings -- in addition to the
>Bible itself?

I'm not sure I have a good answer for either, but it may help to clarify. Are
we talking here about Old Testament Introduction in the technical sense
(critical approaches, authorship, date, canonicity, etc.), or something more
generally introducing students to the Old Testament?

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics