b-hebrew - Passing along a question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Passing along a question
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:02:39 -0600

Friends,
I received this question via my web page a few days ago and am
hoping some folks here can help me answer it. He has lots of
references about Christian approaches to the word and these texts,
but would like to understand Jewish views better. Here it is:

I would like to get some reference, if possible, as to how
the Jews viewed "elohim" as used in Psalm 82:6 and the
generally accpeted interpretation of Psalm 86:2.

TIA,
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Don't let your mind wander.