b-hebrew - RE: Isaiah 40:22 - Circle of the earth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bill Ross" <BillRoss AT norisksoftware.com>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Isaiah 40:22 - Circle of the earth
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:41:50 -0500

<Liz>
>>Perhaps you mean the land of ISRAEL here.

<Bill>
I'm not sure of what the proper term is. I mean, what was is the generic
name for the area, regardless of political control? In other words, when
Abraham was a stranger in "the land", what was it called? That is why I
chose the word Palestine, hoping I had chosen the word that referred to
it as a region, not as a Jewish holding.

Bill Ross