b-hebrew - Re: Torah Download.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Richard Burks <rwburks AT flash.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Torah Download.
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:57:03 -0500

Ian,

It looks as though you and I are travelling down the same road. What I have
discovered so far is Davka corp. www.davka.com has a special right now that
has a CD Bible program that is the Bible in Hebrew and I believe fully
pointed text. It is on sale right now for under 30 dollars. They have made
products for MAC for a long time

The SIL organization has fully pointed fonts that work on MAC. They also
give you a download procedure for a fully pointed BHS text. It comes from
oxford text archives and is actually transliterated. The give you a
procedure for converting the text to use the SIL fonts. WWW.SIL.ORG

Supposedly my Bible Works 5 will work with Virtual PC and then I can take
text from it to my word processor which I did in the PC world, but I have
gotten that process to work. I downloaded their "macfonts" but can get them
to install on my MAC yet. It is also fully pointed. I think the davka deal
is a good one ... We will see I ordered it yesterday ... By the way I
believe both it and the SIL stuff work under the Classic functions of the
MAC.

Regards,

Bill Burks