b-hebrew - RE: Torah Download.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Torah Download.
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:49:23 +0100

They should be viewable with MS Internet Explorer 5+ and the Hebrew
fonts e.g. David, Miriam which come with it. They should also be
readable (though not beautiful) with rceent versions of Times New Roman
etc., if opened in a compatible program e.g. Word 2000. The anastesontai
site gives specific information about fonts for the cantillated text
which it offers.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice concerning other browsers or
software, but you might get advice from the Biblical Languages group,
which is "a place for people to discuss the technical issues involved in
using Biblical languages and computers"
(http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=biblical-languages)
or from the Hebrew Computing group
(http://www.geocities.com/jewishgroups).