b-hebrew - RE: Learning Hebrew cantillation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joshua Luna" <joshua AT can-do.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Learning Hebrew cantillation
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:29:05 -0400

Hello Trevor,

Though not an online source, I have found, "The Art of Torah Cantillation:
A Step-by-Step Guide to Chanting Torah" by Marshall Portnoy and Josee
Wolff very helpful. The book is lucid and comes with a very high quality
CD. For only $20 I have found it a good investment. You can get this book
at Amazon.

Also, http://bible.ort.org has some free tools on assisting with singing:

http://bible.ort.org/books/cant4.asp

You can hear the Torah sung here: