b-hebrew - Questions about Genesis 2:3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "frater three" <fraterthree AT lycos.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Questions about Genesis 2:3
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:33:52 -0700

Dear members,
I understand the last word of Genesis 2:3 has as its root the verb "asah",
but I don't understand why that root takes the letter Lamed as a prefix and
letters Vav and Tav as its suffix. Vav and Tav form a feminine suffix, but
why does the root take a feminine suffix?
Thanks in advance for any answers.
Regards,
Fernando

Supercharge your e-mail with a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads
and NoTaglines --> LYCOS MAIL PLUS.