b-hebrew - RE: Preterite and Imperfect

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Preterite and Imperfect
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 21:49:42 +0100

Yes, I thought of these cases, which include the very common WAY:HIY.
Actually I meant to change the first line to waw-patah-consonant other
than aleph..., as that is what I discovered when looking through the
database. Almost all of the ambiguous cases are waw-patah-aleph...,
although this normally becomes waw-qamets-aleph... in the preterite.

Peter Kirk