b-hebrew - OFF TOPIC Modern Hebrew question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Trevor Peterson" <06peterson AT cua.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: OFF TOPIC Modern Hebrew question
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:39:52 -0400

What does one say in Modern Hebrew when a person sneezes (if anything)? It
occurred to me the other day that I use the German reply a lot, but maybe
as a Semiticist I should use Hebrew. I'm pretty sure it never comes up in
Biblical Hebrew, so let's work with what there is. (I know--I should have
learned Modern Hebrew by now, but unfortunately it's not required for my
program, and I don't have the time to do extra stuff right now.) Anyway,
if you feel that this is completely unrelated to the purpose of this list,
you're probably right--feel free to reply off-list :-)

Thanks,
Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics