b-hebrew - RE: Is R)$YT even a "time" word?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul Zellmer" <pzellmer AT sc.rr.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Is R)$YT even a "time" word?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 23:43:23 -0500

Sorry, Ian, but you're wrong again. I have read Rashi. I have looked at
the JPS. I recognize that both take the position of BR) being infinitive
construct. Please don't jump to conclusions of other's experiences.

Do you really think that we don't understand your positions? "Where you are
coming from" is a common English idiom that speaks of one's rationale.

On the other hand, you have chosen to ignore very clear explanations on my
part of the literary structure of the first few verses of chapter 1, which
are consistent with the literary structures throughout Hebrew prose and do
not require a complex object, much less a complex clause structure. And
your follow-on post concerning the creation or non-creation of chaos appears
to ignore a very clear statement on my part that I agree that Genesis does
not address this. Are you really asking for a faith statement from me?
That would have to be the only way that I could answer that post.

Goodbye, Ian.

Paul Zellmer