b-hebrew - MiQ:TaL formative

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jason A. Hare" <language_lover64801 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: MiQ:TaL formative
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:41:00 -0500

Greetings list,

I admittedly have not even been a lurker lately. It has been ages since I
have had the time to commit to B-Hebrew that I would like. Honestly, I
just started a new job today and yet don't have the time to contribute.
The only reason I am sending this message now is to request information on
a specific formative that has relevance to a study I'm doing.

I don't want to reveal the exact nature of my study right now, but I'm
looking for reverence information concerning the form MiQ:TaL (where the
root would be Q-T-L). I have found some basic information in Yerusalmi's
"The Story of Joseph," but I don't even have that with me right now. I am
planning on making a trip to OCC's library in order to gain some
resources. Right now, my personal reference libarary is out of reach. In
it I have Waltke-O'Connor's _Intro. to Biblical Hebrew Syntax_. I'm sure
there is something referenced, though only in passing, within its pages.
I will look into both of these when I have the leisure to go to OCC.

Are there any other things that I should look for when there? If you
could check their availability at OCC's library before sending them to me,
I would appreciate it. http://library.occ.edu

Some examples of words of this type (note: colon represents silent sheva):
MiD:RaK
MiZ:RaX
Mi$:KaB
MiG:DaL
MiB:NeH (vocalic quality reduction is OK for my purposes)
MiZ:B"aX

Thanks for any help that you can give. I appreciate it. Please, send
replies to me personally at parousia_occ AT yahoo.com to make sure that I get
them.

Thanks and regards,
Jason Hare