b-hebrew - RE: Canon(ical) Criticism

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Canon(ical) Criticism
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:01:41 -0500

Hmm, maybe you're right, but maybe we're both right,
maybe it's the same thing. When Childs interprets the
text of the Book of Isaiah, it's canonical form is it's meaning as part
of the *Christian* canon, and the present meaning of that canon
includes the whole history of its interpretation in the church. At any
rate, he's not concerned with what the historical Isaiah is trying
to say.
Liz