b-hebrew - Re: bereshit (Small Clarification)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: bereshit (Small Clarification)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 05:39:46 +0100

>I invite you and others on the list to submit other
>close parallels, especially of the form B-noun verb subject object
>W-subject verb... (noun is temporal, no article, absolute or construct).

Sorry, I just reread this and find the extra
specification (which I did not take into account
in my previous post) exclusive of most of the
examples of b-noun VSO I mentioned. I don't
really see why such is necessary as you can have
"free-range" sentences with wSVOs attached to
them. It should be sufficient that that it is
obvious that phrases such as bywm govern VSOs.
The rest follows.

Ian