b-hebrew - RE: bereshit (Small Clarification)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul Zellmer" <pzellmer AT sc.rr.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: bereshit (Small Clarification)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:53:27 -0500

Ian,

You have made indications like this in other posts on this subject, and each
time I was away from my host account for this list. Why is it that you see
SV(0) sentences as free range or dependent? I admit that they generally
slow down the forward movement of the discussion or story, but they are
indeed full independent clauses from everything that I have studied. Could
you explain you basis for appearing to think otherwise?

Also, because I'm not sure that you are still at the same position that you
were when you restarted this thread (I'm sure you realize that this is a
perenniel discussion), could you give us a suggested translation of Gen
1:1-3? Sometimes this American doesn't seem to think like you Australians!

Thanks,

Paul Zellmer