b-hebrew - Re: Hosea 12:4

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Theodore H. Mann" <theomann AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hosea 12:4
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 11:54:30 -0500

Many thanks for the response.
Which is clear and straightforward, "us" or "him?" Also, do you have any
thoughts as to why translations differ on this? For example: KJV, NASB,
ESV have "us": NRSV, TEV, NIV have "him," although NRSV and TEV include a
footnote allowing "us" as a possibility. I gather from the NRSV footnote
that it has something to do with what version of the OT is used as the
exemplar(?)

Thanks.

Ted