b-hebrew - Re: Hello out there

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: JWE <jwe1 AT home.com>
  • To: Steve Cahill <stevecahill AT usa.net>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hello out there
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:23:59 -0800

Hey Steve!

While Charles David Isbell's gracious offer is the BEST way to go, I would
like
to humbly suggest an additional resource which you may want to use as a
supplement to direct teaching; it is a website called the "Ancient Hebrew
Research Center" The URL for the homage is:

http://www.geocities.com/ancient_hebrew/

The page to actually learn Hebrew is :

http://www.geocities.com/ancient_hebrew/7_home.html

On the "Learn to Read Biblical Hebrew" page the person that created the pages
has placed RealAudio examples so you can hear the lesson as well as read along
with it.

Please understand that I'm not a Scholar like most of the good people on the
BH
mailing list, I just read the post's from the different Scholar's and TRY to
understand what they are talking about (and once in a while I actually
understand their point). ;^)

I hope this will be helpful.

G-d Bless,
Mr. J.W. Embry