b-hebrew - Hello out there

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Steve Cahill <stevecahill AT usa.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Hello out there
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:11:50 -0800

Hey everyone out there,

My name is Steve.  I'm new to this Hebrew group.  I'm actually trying to find a way to learn Biblical Hebrew.  I found your group and decided that you guys looked like you know what your talkiing about :)

Does anyone out there know of any way for a guy to start leaarning Hebrew who has no prior knowledge of any Hebrew?
Unfortunately the local state university here doesn't do Hebrew, and the local Synagogues are reluctant to teach me any Hebrew lest I use it against their people since I am not a Jew.

Steve