b-hebrew - Re: Septuagint Original

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Septuagint Original
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 06:01:21 -0700

Do you perhaps refer to Ulrich's book? I think it was called
something like the text of Samuel in the Dead Sea Scrolls and
Josephus or something like that. In any case, that book was
actually a preliminary edition of some of the Samuel DSS and is
now part of the DJD series under a different name...I can't really list
bib info either, but the consensus I've seen (with a dissenter or two,
of course, that's the nature of the beast) is that the LXX has
preserved a more accurate text in Samuel than MT has. Your
mileage may vary.